Following its success on Nintendo 3DS™, SteamWorld Dig now comes to Wii U™! We’ve listened to our fans and we’ve finally made it happen! The game will be released on the Nintendo eShop on August 28 in Europe, Australia and the Americas. It will run in smooth 60 FPS with beautiful HD graphics (1080p) and have support for both off-TV play and the Wii U Pro Controller. Get ready to dig in!
Image & Form and Nintendo go way, WAY back. We released our first game on a Nintendo console back in 2010 (SteamWorld Tower Defense) and a lot of us at Image & Form are major Nintendo fans 🙂 So to finally get to release on Wii U feels amazing!
SteamWorld Dig for Wii U will be available at $9.99 / €8.99 / £6.99. A steal!
Compared to the Nintendo 3DS version from last year, this release has:
- HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
- Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
- Customizable screen interface and controls
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
- Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
- Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
- Support for Wii U Pro Controller
- And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Don’t miss CEO Brjann on IGN showing the Wii U version and talking about our totally new upcoming SteamWorld game!
We are really looking forward to the release of SteamWorld Dig on Wii U and we hope that you are as well. Are you going to get the game on Wii U? Tell us in the comments! 🙂
All the best,
PR & Marketing Manager
(Wii U and Nintendo 3DS are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2012 Nintendo.)