Howdy, everyone! We’ve got somewhat sad news to share with you today. But fear not, it’s not the end of the world!
SteamWorld Heist has been delayed on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita for roughly one week. The new target release dates are June 7th for North America and June 8th for Europe and Australia.
The reasons for the delay are related to publishing, localisation and quality assurance. We basically encountered a few scattered problems with the PlayStation versions that we have to fix before releasing the game. If you want more info, feel free to ask me directly in the comment section. The extra week will hopefully give us enough time to fix these issues.
We’re working closely together with the fantastic people over at Sony to get the game out as fast as possible. Thanks for being patient with us!
The silver lining: AKA “reasons why the delay isn’t all that bad”:
- You’ll get an even better version of SteamWorld Heist when it hits PlayStation. Lame excuse, I know, but it’s true!
- You have a few more days to clear your backlog and/or your clutter (I’m looking at you, messy wardrobe!).
- You’ll have another week to pre-order the game for a nice discount if you’re in Europe or Australia.
- You can finally get around to watching Game of Thrones, or another show you’ve been putting off watching for ages.
- You can practice speedrunning SteamWorld Dig. The current world record is 22 minutes and 57 seconds (crazy!). Think you can beat that?
I could go on forever. Think I’ve missed something? Let me know in the comment section!
SteamWorld Heist PS4/Vita Giveaway Winners
Last week we had a small giveaway for our Twitter followers (more details here). Here are the two lucky winners:
1. Minirop’s Robo PJ Party
— minirop (@minirop) May 18, 2016
2. Henrique’s Space Pirate Robot Voice
— Henrique Neves (@GideonDrake) May 17, 2016
Congrats! We’ll contact you on Twitter with details on how to claim your codes! 😀